Making of …

The basic pattern for this costume was a dress-pattern from Burda Style (12/2013).

The skirt is just the lower part of the dress from yoke to bottom without further changes.

The short jacket was the upper part of the dress. I did not change the sleeves, but cut out the front and made it very short to fit over a corset without covering too much of it. The jacket is closed at the front with two buttons.
Last but not least I wanted to give it more of a military look, a bit uniform-like. So I added a stand-up collar and took a little trinket that looks like a porthole and made it with some striped braid into a medal.

Completed: 2014